Bay Area Divers, Inc., formed in November of 1983, is a SCUBA Club, that meets once a month (except during peak dive season) to plan dive trips, social activities, current events, and just have fun! We also put on the annual Shipwreck and Scuba Conference held each November in Huron, Ohio
Benefits of membership include:
1. Belonging to a club focused on promoting the diving community through scholarships, historical, and environmental preservation
2. Opportunities for reduced rates on organized dive excursions
3. Monthly meetings which include presentations from speakers versed in local dive interests (and of course food and beverage of your choice!). Meetings are family friendly in that they are for both divers and non-divers alike.
4. Assisting in organizing and promoting an annual conference focused on shiupwrecks
5.The opportunity to network with experienced divers and increase your pool of dive buddies
6. Access to the club newsletter which provides information about local and international dive opportunities, diving related events and interesting submissions from members
Sometimes it’s good to be B.A.D
We are now a 501c4 'Not for Profit' organization. By filing a 501c4 application, it will give individuals seeking to take legal action against Bay Area Divers that we are 'not for profit' and that we maintain no physical assets, thus giving us certain legal protections. 501c4 (http://www.fourmilab.ch/ustax/www/t26-A-1-F-I-501.html) of the Internal Revenue Code reads: ● (c) List of exempt organizations ● Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, or local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person or persons in a particular municipality, and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.